• Home
  • Forum
  • Professional Practice Issues and Questions

Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 
  • 20 Feb 2019 1:15 AM
    Reply # 7174382 on 225322

Hi Paul,

May as well add Body Band to the mix-not sure which kind of stretch band you mean. I just sent a flyer to your email. 

Contact Marjorie Falk 410 913 3565 or marjoriefalk@gmail.com or bodyband @gmail.com.

• 19 Feb 2019 8:11 AM
    Reply # 7172646 on 225322

Hi Paul!

Are you talking about Octabands? Here is the original link:

https://danceforconnection.com/octaband/

Kindly,

Jenn

• 08 Jan 2019 12:54 AM
    Reply # 6988518 on 225322

https://www.dyenamicmovement.com/

• 07 Jan 2019 7:07 AM
    Reply # 6986891 on 225322

I am looking for someone who makes/sells stretch bands.  I bought a fabulous one in NY at the conference but can’t remember from whom I bought it.  Sorry.  I’m hoping you are out there and we can connect.  I used it with a group in China and several people wanted to buy one.  Thanks!!

• 09 Nov 2018 9:15 AM
    Reply # 6896407 on 225322

Hi everyone! I have a private practice here in Austin, Texas and I am looking for guidance and advice around insurance reimbursement / coverage and dance/movement therapy. Has anyone found a way to have insurance help cover dance/movement therapy for clients? I only have a BC-DMT, no other license. Thank you for your help! You can reply here, or email me at laurel@austindancetherapy.com.

• 30 Oct 2018 9:06 AM
    Reply # 6879463 on 225322
    Office Admin (Administrator)

HI to all!

I am writing an article for Childrens - an open access journal - about pediatric DMT in medical settings and I want to know who else is working in a pediatric medical setting in the USA.  Here is the information I would like to know & please feel free to share this information with any one else you know that is working with medically ill children.  Note: I am specifically looking for medical illness not solely psychologically focused. 

1. Location of the hospital.

2. For how many years did the program - &/OR - has the program been in existence? How frequently is DMT offered - eg part time or full time?  How many DMT work at this setting?

3. What specific population does the DMT serve?

4. Are families involved?

5. Does the DMT engage with the medical staff?

6. What department does the DMT work within and or does the DMT have another training that enables her to work at this setting? Eg Integrative Medicine, Social work, Child Life.

7. What illnesses does the DMT work with? Do you work with children with cancer?

Thanks to all of you! Please send your response to me directly at : suzi@suzitortora.com 

:-)Suzi

Suzi Tortora
    Ed.D., BC-DMT, LCAT, LMHC, CMA

• 25 Sep 2018 1:32 AM
    Reply # 6691152 on 225322

Looking for a DMT to work 1:1 and/or in group with a young adult female trauma/torture survivor who is returning home to the area of Manhattan and New Jersey.  Anyone in the area have any resources or space in your practice? Any IOP programs you would recommend too? She really loved DMT. 

please pm me at robindances@cox.net and leave message here too- I may get it quicker if you email me directly- thank you! Robin Memel Fox, MA, BC-DMT, LPC

• 08 Sep 2018 10:18 AM
    Reply # 6660008 on 225322

Hi everyone! I’m looking into revamping the Creative Arts Therapy assessments done on our inpatient psychiatric units at the VA in Pittsburgh, PA where I work. 

That being said, I work primarily with Veterans ages 18-90+ who are experiencing acute behavioral health distress. 

Does anyone have an assessment template they use that they love and wouldn’t mind sharing with me?! I’m just looking to gather as much as I can to pull from! Currently we use a recreation and leisure assessment that honestly just doesn’t cut it for what I’d like to be doing.

You can email me at move.thrive.dmt@gmail.com or brianna.martin@va.gov — Thanks in advance!!

Brianna Martin, BC-DMT

• 03 Sep 2018 6:11 AM
    Reply # 6651161 on 225322

I am responding to the brain dance question, if you know the Bartenieff developmental movement patterns you just add tactile and vestibular. Anne Green Gilbert has a Creative Dance book that describes this and you can look on youtube for ideas.  I have used it often as a warm up with both children and adults and I have a NZ Colleague who has taught this as an 8 week adult ed class in the past.  You can message me personally if you like eckellydance@gmail.com

• 03 Sep 2018 12:34 AM
    Reply # 6650933 on 6650500
    Lisa Troisi wrote:Do any DMT's have experience integrating Dance/Movement Therapy with Neurofeedback?

Hi Lisa, I'm currently doing this with some clients here in the Philippines. I find this very useful in my work. Would love to hear your thoughts on this!
<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >>