Multicultural-Diversity-International Topics

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 25 Jun 2018 1:55 PM
    Reply # 6341239 on 331149

INQUIRY ABOUT THE SATURDAY NIGHT BANQUET & DANCE

American Dance Therapy Association 53nd Annual Conference

October 11-14, 2018

Salt Lake City, Utah 

What do you think about promoting multicultural diversity in our community through the annual dance event at the ADTA conference?

What are the many pathways to explore? Just noticing that over the past few years, the music proposed during the party came from a specific cultural tradition (mostly American folk and pop, Motown, etc ...). Is there a chance to expand that? 

I would love to send this message directly to the conference organizers. Please, let me know if you know whom I should reach out to. Thanks!

You can write me at <fontanesi.cecilia@gmail.com>

Ceci

• 14 Jun 2018 11:11 AM
    Reply # 6312100 on 331149

Request from ADTA Community!

My name is Cara Gallo-Jermyn, I am a dance/movement therapist and LCAT, in NYC. This winter I had the honour and pleasure to participate alongside fellow CAT's, including ADTA member Dr. Meg Chang, in a Critical Pedagogies in the Creative Arts Therapies Think Tank hosted by drama therapists, Dr. Nisha Sajnani and Maria Hodermarska at the NYU Drama Therapy Graduate program.

Our second convening, Critical Pedagogy in the Arts Therapies: Restoring and Re-Storying the Disciplines, will take place this September 14-15, 2018 in Chicago. We are hosted by Dr. Savneet Talwar and Leah Gipson, art therapists at the Art Institute of Chicago (SIAC) Graduate program.

I, along with Drama Therapist Elizabeth McAdams, will be hosting a panel discussion titled ' White Identifying Creative Arts Therapists: Making a Commitment to Anti Oppressive Approaches'. The panel will bring together CAT's in a discussion on how white identifying CAT's are making the necessary commitment to anti-oppressive approaches and to the dismantling of white supremacy in their work as; clinicians, researchers, educators and supervisors.

Elizabeth and I are presently in search of white identifying DMT's to participate in this panel. 
    If you are interested in participating as a discussant, or know of a DMT who might be interested please send an email inquiry along to me at: embodiedpsychotherapy@gmail.com

• 15 Mar 2017 1:42 PM
    Reply # 4668803 on 331149

Does anyone know if Kayoko Arakawa-Davies is still working with people with dementia in Japan? Thanks for any information.

• 02 Dec 2016 9:17 AM
    Reply # 4435777 on 331149

If you have not already, please respond by Dec. 21 - the survey will close 12/22/16

Dear Members,

We are conducting a study to investigate dance/movement therapists’ understanding and attitudes regarding people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex (LGBTQI) and gender nonconforming (GNC). You are invited to participate by responding to a survey about serving the LGBTQI and GNC communities. This survey should take about 20 minutes. The results will help to direct research for further study related to serving these communities via dance/movement therapy.

To participate, please follow this link: https://lesley.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cZNa9dotE3IMcN7

We appreciate you sharing this link with other dance/movement therapy students and professionals, and we thank you in advance for your time.

Robyn Cruz, PhD, BC-DMT, Tomoyo Kawano, PhD, BC-DMT, and Xueli Tan, PhD, MT-BC   Lesley University, Expressive Therapies Division

Cambridge, MA

• 08 Nov 2016 6:21 PM
    Reply # 4371293 on 331149

Dear Members,

We are conducting a study to investigate dance/movement therapists’ understanding and attitudes regarding people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex (LGBTQI) and gender nonconforming (GNC). You are invited to participate by responding to a survey about serving the LGBTQI and GNC communities. This survey should take about 20 minutes. The results will help to direct research for further study related to serving these communities via dance/movement therapy.

To participate, please follow this link: https://lesley.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cZNa9dotE3IMcN7

We appreciate you sharing this link with other dance/movement therapy students and professionals, and we thank you in advance for your time.

Robyn Cruz, PhD, BC-DMT, Tomoyo Kawano, PhD, BC-DMT, and Xueli Tan, PhD, MT-BC   Lesley University, Expressive Therapies Division

Cambridge, MA

• 18 Oct 2016 11:49 AM
    Reply # 4311615 on 331149

Multicultural and Diversity Committee Meeting in Bethesda at the 51st Conference

Please join us for a meeting of the Multicultural and Diversity Committee on Friday, October 21st from 8:30-9:30 in the Patuxent Room at the Bethesda Hyatt. We have scheduled this to allow for those attending the BAAD meeting and the AAAAG meeting to convene. Past ADTA president Robyn Cruz will also attend. We will be identifying the needs of the entire Multicultural and Diversity group as well as the affinity groups and creating some plan to move towards our goal. 

Last modified: 18 Oct 2016 11:50 AM | Robyn Flaum Cruz
  • 17 Oct 2016 6:25 PM
    Reply # 4310399 on 331149

Dear Members,

We appreciate your sharing this link with other dance/movement therapy students and professionals, and we thank you in advance for your time.

• 22 Feb 2016 10:37 PM
    Reply # 3837918 on 331149

As Dance/Movement Therapists we serve populations which have lost their voice or who have not yet found their voice. We are their advocates…we are their voice. They need us to rise up, to organize, and to create a movement of education and advocacy. 

My intention is to create a momentum of passionate voices to educate our legislators on the importance of Dance/Movement Therapy for the health and wellbeing of those who do not have a voice: our children, our elders, our veterans, our disabled, our abused, and our mentally ill.

This year we have so many opportunities to be that voice. I am asking each and everyone to join with me in my intention, to make this vision become a reality.

March 7-8th is Arts Advocacy Day in Washington DC. Please join us as we begin to create this amazing momentum of moving Dance/Movement Therapy to the steps of Capital Hill. 

Take a few minutes to check out Arts Advocacy Day at:

Arts Advocacy Day

Let’s see how many Dance/Movement Therapists’ powerful voices we can gather to educate our legislators during Arts Advocacy Day.

If you can not join us for the full two day event, join us at the 29th Annual Nancy Hanks Lecture on Arts and Public Policy. You can get one free ticket to the lecture on March 7th, 7:30 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Simply go to The 29th Annual Nancy Hanks Lecture on Arts and Public Policy to register for your free ticket.

Let me know if your voice will be in Washington DC March 7-8.

Thanks,

Alison Salter, MA, BC-DMT, LPCC, NCC

ADTA, Government Affairs Chair

a.salter@cox.net

• 08 Nov 2015 5:37 PM
    Reply # 3623570 on 331149

Announcing to anyone in Canada or elsewhere in the world who would like to come to Canada, that we have a new West Coast Dance-Movement Therapy training starting up with Amber Elizabeth Gray teaching in Vancouver BC Dec 11-14. Please see our new website: www.westcoastdmt.com

We look forward to your inquiries.

Thanks

Hana Kamea Kemble (BC-DMT, formerly Anna Kemble)

250-476-1161

• 27 Jul 2015 1:23 PM
    Reply # 3451775 on 331149

Deadline to apply for the Multicultural and Diversity Committee 2015 Annual Conference FOCUS Award is July 31!!!!

Recipient is awarded a free conference registration to the La Jolla ADTA Conference and up to $1000 reimbursement for travel and lodging expenses.

All details can be found here: http://www.adta.org/Resources/Documents/MDC%20Focus%20Award%20App%202015.pdf

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >>